Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Garage apartment remodel TCU area

I have been approached to bid a garage tear down and build a new one with an apartment above. I think this will be an interesting blog. Its an old Bungalow that has been added on to at least once. There are exceptional challenges. Power lines restricting pad size, where is the sewer line, will the city of Fort Worth make me update the water service, minimal access for material and labor staging, etc, etc.
I will finalize the construction plans today so that the pricing process can begin. I am not a huge fan of multiple bids except from long time and trusted contractors, therefore I prefer to call it the pricing process.
The clients are an exceptional couple and that makes it even more fun.

1 comment:

  1. The project didn't get to start until late May. We did wait months on the power company to add 2 poles. getting the poles moved however was crucial to the job. We would not have as pleasing an end result otherwise. The new garage blends well with the old house and neighborhood and I think anytime you can finish a remodel and have it look as though it may always have been there; then that is a successful remodel.

    ReplyDelete